The Microdermabrasion program is designed to teach the students about the variety of Microdermabrasion treatments available on the market. We teach the students with one of the more popular Microdermabrasion machines in the aesthetics market; the "S.T. Peel". It is a type of mechanical peeling using aluminum oxide crystals to resurface the skin. It is an intense exfoliation designed to rejuvenate, reduce scars, reduce pigmentation, smooth the skin, and treat for anti-aging benefits. This course provides the students with the essential information they need to become proficient with Microdermabrasion treatments, so that they can graduate and become successful in the medical aesthetics field.
Students will be exposed to Microdermabrasion methods and procedures. The program allows our graduate students to become well qualified and trained with Microdermabrasion.
Students will learn skin resurfacing by exfoliation of the outer layers of the skin. This is accomplished by a computerized machine which projects inert crystals in a fine layer over the skin. The growth of collagen and elastin in enhanced, while encouraging new healthy cell growth and reducing scarring and wrinkles.
• Safety Measures
• Variety of Microdermabrasion Treatments Available
• Drugs that cause Photosensitivity
• Skin Analysis with the Fitzpatrick Scale
• Contraindications for Microdermabrasion Treatments
• Effects of Microdermabrasion on the Skin
• Procedures for Microdermabrasion
• Anti-aging and sundamaged treatments
• Pigmentation treatments
• Scar reduction treatments
• Proper and Mandatory Homecare for Microdermabrasion Treatments